- You can spread the cost of routine treatment so you
don’t receive any unexpected dental bills.
- You will have access to a 24-Hour
Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline for assistance at home or overseas.
- You will receive quality preventive dental care and
- Reassurance that your practice takes part in the
Denplan Quality Programme, helping them to continually improve standards.
- Call us to make an appointment we will book you in
for a Denplan assessment, this is free.
- Meet your dentist and discuss your treatment needs.
There may be immediate problems that need urgent attention before joining denplan.
- We will put you into a suitable banding depending
on the number of restorations in your mouth and the standard of periodontal health.
- We will explain what the plan provides and will
confirm what the monthly fee will be.
- Read the application form and sign a Care
Agreement, which is the contract between you and your dentist.
- Once your application is received by Denplan they
will write to confirm your registration and supply you with a membership card.
- Arrange a leaving appointment with your current
dentist / practice. This will give your dentist the chance to finish off any outstanding treatment that you may need.
Ask your dentist to complete your Patient Leaving form. You will need to give this to your new dentist, as it will give them valuable information about your past dental
- Write to or telephone Denplan, giving at least 21
days notice to cancel.
You need to end your contract with your present dentist. Notice will expire on the last day of the month and your Supplementary Insurance cover will also stop at that
- Re-register with us as a new Denplan
Please remember to give us your completed Patient Leaving form.
Complete a new Registration form and Denplan Contract at your first appointment with your new dentist.
- If you re-register with a Denplan dentist within
six months of ending your previous registration, you can re-register free of charge.
Check your new monthly fee. As Denplan dentists set their own fees, your monthly fee may have changed.
- Remember that clinical opinion between dentists can
and do vary. Your new dentist may have a different opinion of your treatment needs, and there may be a difference in what is included in your contract.